Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/42/d330323703/htdocs/stateofdesign/classes/item.php on line 83
Warning: usort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /homepages/42/d330323703/htdocs/stateofdesign/classes/item.php on line 90
GERMANY | FREDERIK KURZWEG: VEIL
SOON AT THE STATE OF DESIGN, BERLIN 2017 FESTIVAL, AS PART OF ALLES NEU, NIEUWE GERMAN GESTALTUNG #006Each of the variants within this luminaire collection just consists than two curved sheets of metal and a few thin struts. The smaller black sheet to the front gives the impression of floating freely into space, and directs the light of the invisible bulb behind it to the larger and perforated white sheet at the rear. About 30% of the light passes through the perforation, creating a veil of light behind it. The remaining 70% is reflected to the front, ensuring good illumination.
all pictures © Noel Richter